Relax, play, and have fun this summer. Keep reading, too! By reading 20+ minutes a day, students avoid the “summer academic slide” and maintain or advance academic gains. To support summer reading and learning, The Cobb County School District’s Library Media Education Department, in conjunction with the Cobb County Public Library, Smyrna Public Library, and Marietta City Schools, challenges all students to read 1,500 minutes this summer.
Through a partnership between Get Georgia Reading – Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and myON, all educators, librarians, students and parents in Georgia have free access to thousands of enhanced digital books available in myON through August 31, 2018.
Digital books in the award-winning myON personalized literacy platform provide flexible reading scaffolds, embedded tools, and metrics to support and track student reading and growth.
Getting Started is Quick and Easy!
- Go to www.myON.com and click the myON Login button.
- Enter the following login information:
- School Name: Get Georgia Reading (Type the first few letters and select from the drop-down menu.)
- Username: cobbcounty
- Password: read
- Click on the Sign In button, select a book and start reading!
Watch this short video with your students for tips on finding great books in myON.
Read anywhere, anytime with online and offline access!
- Anywhere – at home or school, in the library, Y or other community settings
- Anytime – days, evenings, weekends, holidays and school breaks
- Online – via any Internet-enabled device
- Offline – via free mobile apps for Kindle Fire HD, Android Devices, iPads and Google Chrome
In the News: myON and Renaissance recently came together to deliver a shared vision of literacy growth for all students. Learn more about our digital literacy solutions.
- View the myON recommended system requirements.
- For this partnership program, all readers share a single account with unlimited, 24×7 access to enhanced digital books in myON without personalization elements.
We are looking for parents to volunteer as Committee Chairs for the 2018-2019 School Year.
We are making plans now to make it a great school year and we need your help!
The following committees need chairs.
Please take a look and let us know if you are willing to help us out!
Please contact Keisha Hines-Craft at email@example.com if you would like more information on any of these committees and what the job entails and/or if you would like to volunteer. All help is appreciated!