Science Fair Success!
Thanks so much to all the students that participated in the 2017 Still Elementary Science Fair. The projects are on display in the Media Center, so please stop by and take a look!
We received 16 amazing projects, and each grade level was represented as follows:
- Kindergarten: 1 project
- 1st grade: 5 projects
- 2nd grade: 2 projects
- 3rd grade: 3 projects
- 4th grade: 3 projects
- 5th grade: 2 projects
Judging took place the morning of January 27, 2017 in the Still Elementary Media Center. Judges evaluated the projects in detail using the Cobb County School District Elementary Science Fair Rubic. The top six projects listed below are advancing to the Cobb-Paulding Regional Science Fair taking place on February 11th, 2017 at Kennesaw Mountain High School.
- 1st Place: Nick Sanacore (1st grade) – How Do Different Drinks Affect Your Teeth?
- 2nd Place: Catherine Golovin (5th grade) – Feast For The Eyes
- 3rd Place: Lauryn Lynch (1st grade) – The Science Of The Green Penny
- Honorable Mention: Layne Skaggs (1st grade) – What Will Make Ice Melt Fastest?
- Honorable Mention: Lucinda Patrick (3rd grade): Growing Gummy Bears
- Honorable Mention: David Walraven (3rd grade): Sleep Steps