VOTES NEEDED for Mr. Beck’s Class in Cobb County’s Thankful for Education Contest! Click on the link below and “like” Mr. Beck’s photo – his photo is captioned “I am so thankful to have students that love to learn and follow the rules. This picture was taken as we were getting ready to enter the hallway for specials.” He’s in the running to win a $250 gift card! Vote today; the contest ends on 11/19!
No Place for Hate Week
Monday, November 16 – Friday, November 20
At Still Elementary, we want to create a culture where ALL students feel accepted and loved. Last school year, Still Elementary was awarded a designation of No Place for Hate School. We want to continue a positive school culture to help ALL our students thrive. Next week we have the following events planned, we encourage each student to participate.
SAVE THE DATE!
The Scholastic Online-Only Book Fair will be held next week, from 10/12/2020 – 10/25/2020.
The Fair will connect your kids to notable books and inspiring characters — helping them become
And you’ll love the new Digital Book Fair, which includes these awesome features:
- Access to over 6,000 products
- All orders ship direct to home
- FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
- All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Stay tuned for more information! The countdown to October 12th is on!
This year’s Reflections theme is “I Matter Because…”
Please see the Official Rules & Entry Form document to see the different mediums you can choose from to participate in Reflections, along with detailed rules and instructions for each Reflections method, and the official entry form (page 3).
A few helpful highlights:
- Different entry types have different guidelines.
- Entries will need to be turned in the week of October 12th. **More information on how to submit enteries to come!
- Include parent/guardian email on the entry form. We use this in case there are any questions about the entry. Use a paperclip to attach it to the entry.
- Entries must be accompanied by the complete entry form in order to be considered for judging.
- Put thought and time into the artist’s statement. It is one of the aspects of judging. A separate sheet can be used if needed.
- Entries will be judged based on:
- Interpretation – how closely the piece relates to the theme “Look Within” based on the artwork itself and the artist statement (on the entry form)
- Creativity – How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation
- Technique – The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area
If you have any questions, please contact the Still Reflections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.