Relax, play, and have fun this summer. Keep reading, too! By reading 20+ minutes a day, students avoid the “summer academic slide” and maintain or advance academic gains. To support summer reading and learning, The Cobb County School District’s Library Media Education Department, in conjunction with the Cobb County Public Library, Smyrna Public Library, and Marietta City Schools, challenges all students to read 1,500 minutes this summer.
Through a partnership between Get Georgia Reading – Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and myON, all educators, librarians, students and parents in Georgia have free access to thousands of enhanced digital books available in myON through August 31, 2018.
Digital books in the award-winning myON personalized literacy platform provide flexible reading scaffolds, embedded tools, and metrics to support and track student reading and growth.
Getting Started is Quick and Easy!
- Go to www.myON.com and click the myON Login button.
- Enter the following login information:
- School Name: Get Georgia Reading (Type the first few letters and select from the drop-down menu.)
- Username: cobbcounty
- Password: read
- Click on the Sign In button, select a book and start reading!
Watch this short video with your students for tips on finding great books in myON.
Read anywhere, anytime with online and offline access!
- Anywhere – at home or school, in the library, Y or other community settings
- Anytime – days, evenings, weekends, holidays and school breaks
- Online – via any Internet-enabled device
- Offline – via free mobile apps for Kindle Fire HD, Android Devices, iPads and Google Chrome
In the News: myON and Renaissance recently came together to deliver a shared vision of literacy growth for all students. Learn more about our digital literacy solutions.
- View the myON recommended system requirements.
- For this partnership program, all readers share a single account with unlimited, 24×7 access to enhanced digital books in myON without personalization elements.
Teacher Appreciation Week is March 7-11th!
Let’s show our teachers are Still how much we appreciate them!! PTSA is hosting a luncheon on Thursday, March 10th, in their honor.
If you would like to do something additional, I’m sure they would appreciate it. This year, instead of requesting specific items to send in every day, feel free to use your imagination to treat them and show them how special they are with a little goodie sometime during the week! If you need some ideas, here are some suggestions:
Teachers have expressed that they love personal cards/letters/drawings from their students
$5 gift card to a restaurant, store, etc (See each teacher’s profile on the Still PTSA website)
Bring in lunch for the teacher one day (except for Thursday, since the PTSA is providing lunch that day)
Teacher Supplies (pens, pads, post its, paper clips, binder clips, etc)
These are only suggestions, feel free to come up with your own idea as well.
We love our teachers at Still Elementary!!