Here is the job description:
Article VI: Officers and their election, section 8. There shall be a nominating committee composed of three (3) members (must be an uneven number) and two (2) alternates who shall be elected by this local PTSA at a regular general membership meeting at least one month prior to the election of officers. Officers should be elected in the month of March, per the ByLaws.
- all members of the nominating committee shall be a member of PTSA
- the committee shall elect its own chair
- the nominating committee shall nominate an eligible person for each office to be filled and report its nominees at the regular general membership meeting in March at which time additional nominations may be made from the floor.
- only those individuals who are current members of this local PTSA and who signified their consent to serve if elected shall be nominated for or elected to such office
- the president is not eligible for election to the nominating committee
- the principal is eligible to serve if elected (but it’s best if the Vice Principal serves)
The slate of proposed officers shall be posted in the school office at least ten (10) days prior to the election meeting. which for us at this time we have to have the slate of officers posted by February 24, 2012 to meet the 10 day deadline before the March meeting.
The officers of Still PTSA shall consist of
- one president or two individual co-presidents
- two vice presidents OR two individual co-vice presidents
- two secretaries, one for public relations/communications and one for recording secretary
- one treasurer