The results of our parent and staff surveys showed that Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)-based learning is a top priority for Still. Additionally, parents and staff expressed a need for improving outdoor recreation areas.
Based on these results, the PTSA Board has approved the following purchases:
- Sphero SPRK+® Power Pack – • This system includes 12 Sphero SPRK+ robots, Turbo Covers, maze tape, protractors, and a hard-sided case for charging, storing, and carrying the robots. It teaches computer coding (programming) through fun and creative class activities that appeal to a wide range of student interests. For example, students can program their Sphero(s) to:
- become a moving solar system model
- navigate student-designed mazes and terrains
- paint a picture
- dance using moves they choreograph
In addition to purchasing the system, the PTSA Board is working with Still Administration to provide teachers with a list of online resources for developing lesson plans and activities.
- 12 Mini iPads (including licensing and cases) – these iPads will be available in the Media Center for teachers to check out for a class period. Teachers can use the iPads in conjunction with the Sphero or as part of any class-based learning experience.
- iPad Charging Cart – this cart stores and charges up to 30 iPads.
These purchases, totaling approximately $8,500, are made possible by your membership dollars and your participation in PTSA activities throughout the year. Thank YOU for making the difference!
We continue to work with Still Administration on other “wish list” items and hope to announce more exciting additions soon!