Still Staff & Parents – It’s time for Red Ribbon Week at Still Elementary!
WHAT? Red Ribbon Week is a way for schools and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
PTSA membership dollars help to fund programs like this within our school.
WHEN? We’ll be showing our school commitment during the week of October 23rd-27th
WHAT DO PARENTS NEED TO DO? Ask your children about the healthy tip of the day that is shared during morning announcements. Help them have fun with spirit days. Spend some family time talking about healthy habits. For 5th grade parents, review the parent and student pledges; consider using them as conversation starters and signing them together.
- Monday, Oct 23rd – Red Ribbon Kick Off Day (Stickers and book marks given to all students). Healthy Tip of the Day: It’s ok to say no. If someone asks you to do something that you know isn’t right – be strong and be brave! Say no! And…tell an adult.
- Tuesday, Oct 24th – Put a Cap on Drugs – wear your favorite hat/cap to school. Healthy Tip of the Day: Drink water with dinner tonight! Did you know that your muscles are made up of 75% water!!
- Wednesday, Oct 25th – Wear Red Day (Great day to wear red STILL shirts). 5th Grade pledges due. Healthy Tip of the Day: Get moving! Put down the Ipad and turn off the TV and go for a walk as a family!
- Thursday, Oct 26th – Dream Big and Make Healthy Choices – wear your pajamas to school. Healthy Tip of the Day: Did you know that you do most of your growing when sleeping? Get at least 8 hrs of sleep at night!
- Friday, Oct 27th – Fall Fun Dress Up Day for $1 donation – Wear your favorite costume! No masks or hand props, please. Red Ribbon week overlaps with our normally scheduled PTSA donation dress up day so we decided to incorporate both into the same week. Your donations go to support future events at our school such as Red Ribbon Week, Veteran’s Breakfast, Teacher Grants, etc.
- RR Week Door Decorating Winner announced on morning news; winning class is awarded with 30 minutes extra recess time plus popsicle party. Winning teacher wins $25 gift card.
RED RIBBON WEEK RESOURCES – Visit these sites for quick and fun ideas to promote healthy and smart habits.
Red Ribbon Flyer
While written for classrooms, they can also be used as conversation starters and activities at home.