What is Reflections?
The PTA Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
How can my student enter?
Use the arts to share your personal Reflections on this year’s theme: Look Within
Submissions are due to Reflections Committee in the Lobby: K-1st grade 10/1, 2nd-3rd 10/2, and 4th-5th 10/3 before school
Experienced artists will review your work for interpretation of theme, creativity and technique. We look forward to celebrating your artistry and achievement in the arts!
Save the date for this year’s Reflections Celebration October 24that 6:30
Entry Tips And Reminders
- Student name cannot be visable on the artwork/entry. It can be taped or written on the back.
- Be sure to review the rules and guidelines for the entries before turning them in. Different entry types have different guidelines.
- Entries must be submitted
K & 1st grade, Tuesday, October 1
2nd & 3rd grades, Wednesday, October 2
4th and 5th grades, Thursday, October 3
from 7:10 – 7:45 in the Still lobby.
- Include parent/guardian email on the entry form. We use this in case there are any questions about the entry. Use a paperclip to attach it to the entry.
- Entries must be accompanied by the complete entry form in order to be considered for judging.
- Put thought and time into the artist’s statement. It is one of the aspects of judging. A separate sheet can be used if needed.
- Entries will be judged based on:
- Interpretation – how closely the piece relates to the theme “Look Within” based on the artwork itself and the artist statement (on the entry form)
- Creativity – How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation
- Technique – The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area
- Children that submit entries will receive a Golden Ticket to appear on the Still Morning News!
If you have any questions, please contact the Still Reflections Committee at email@example.com.
|Rules by Category|
||Solo and ensemble works of all dance styles are accepted. Entrant must be the choreographer and may also be the performer, or one of the performers. If background music is used, cite it on the entry form. Video file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4.|
||Accepted short film styles include: Animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or media presentation. Use of PowerPoint is prohibited. Entrant must be the screenwriter, cinematographer, editor and producer. If background music is used, cite it on the entry form. Video file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4.|
||Accepted forms of fiction and nonfiction include: Prose, poetry, reflective essay, screen play and play script, narrative, and short story. Entrants may write in their primary language as long as an interpretive English translation is also attached. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Writing must not exceed 2,000 words and may be handwritten or typed. Accepted formats: Single-sided print on 8 ½x11” paper.|
||Works of both fine and design arts are accepted, including but not limited to: architectural drawing and models, ceramics, collage, computer generated images and graphics, crafts, drawing, fashion clothes and jewelry, fiber work, mixed media, painting, printmaking and sculpture. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. 2D artworks must be mounted on sturdy material and no larger than 24×30 inches with matting. Framed entries are not accepted. Include one digital image of artwork with your submission. 3D artwork submissions must contain 3 digital images of artwork at different angles. Image(s) are used for artwork identification, judging and exhibition purposes. 3D artwork cannot be larger than 18”X18”X18”.|
||Photo must be a single print/digital image. Collages and collections of photos are not accepted. Entrant must be the photographer and may use a variety of digital editing techniques including but not limited to, multiple exposure, negative sandwich and photogram. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Print image dimensions must be no smaller than 3×5 inches and no larger than 8×10 inches. Accepted print formats: Mounted on mat or poster board no larger than 11×14 inches. Framed prints are not accepted.|
||All music styles and combinations of instrumentation are accepted. Entrant must be the composer and may also be the performer, or one of the performers. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Audio file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, ACC, FLAC. Notation (score/tablature) in PDF format is only required for middle and high school divisions.|